Secular Schooling, Love, Family, Friends, Playing, Cooking, Baking, Gardening, Arts & Crafts, Music, Dance, Traveling, Reading, and Volunteering

~~~~~



all while living with Chronic Illness



Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Read-A-Louds

I feel like I am ready to pull my hair out!!! How in the world do you decide what books to use for read-a-louds for your children. There are so many book lists I am completely overwhelmed and I am just looking at PreK-1st! I 've looked at lists from:

-Ableside Online
-Simply Charlotte Mason
-Living Books Curriculum
-Oak Meadow
-Tanglewood
-Winter Promise
-The Well Trained Mind

And of course numerous books that have more book lists! So what I am trying to do is to go through these sites and some books and try to find the books they all have in common. Then I am going to make a list of the fairy tales, story books that I want to purchase and then a list of books to check out from the library. Once I compile this it should be smooth sailing for the next couple of years...of course until another book list comes out :-)

2 comments:

Working Through said...

You will never run out of read alouds, no matter how many lists you find.

Some my kids really loved are 20th Century Treasury, Harper Collins Picture Book Classics, Peter Rabbit, Eloise Wilkins Golden Book Collection. Those we read over and over and over. The Berestain Bears Big Book of Science is another that hasn't been "finished" in over 2 years.

Marisa said...

Thanks Jana for the suggestions! More to add to my list LOL :-)