So, I may have gone a little overboard with the math curricula for Blue. We have Rightstart A and B, Singapore Essentials A and B, Singapore Standard 1A and 1B, and all the Miquon books! I have also heard great things about Mathematics Enhancement Programme (MEP) but think I need to get the first three under control before adding a fourth.
At this point we are using RightStart as our spine and the others as supplements. I've been struggling with how to synchronize the three programs since they cover materials in different orders. Today I decided to disassemble Miquon Orange and Singapore Essentials (this is a big step for me because I hate taking pages out of books, it feels almost sacrilegious!). The Miquon pages tear our nicely but a razor blade and I have a hot date with Singapore Essentials later.
After all the pages are out of the books I am going to try to divide them into an order that makes sense for our family, update Homeschool Tracker with the order sequence and then slip them into page protectors.
Saturday, November 24, 2012
Sunday, November 18, 2012
Now that our household goods have arrived and we've unpacked, I am trying to get our homeschooling prep work done so we can get started again. I am also going to try to make a teachers guide and daily lesson plans so any adult can teach the kids, in case I'm not feeling well. So here are my preps for Phonics Pathways by Dolores G. Hiskes:
- Copy paper
- Laminate and machine
- Ziplock bags or clear sleeves for game pieces
- Hole punch/clear sleeves/laminate for game instruction
- Read introduction
- Short Vowel Stick - page 4 - copy onto card-stock and laminate (4 "sticks", one for each child and one for teacher notebook)
- Short Sheet of Vowels - pages 5, 256 - (not sure how many copies yet of sheet), and 1 copy of instructions from page 5.
- Short Vowel Shuffle and Shoo-Fly Shuffle - pages 5, 6, 257 - make 1 copy of instructions on page 5, make 4 copies of page 6 onto card-stock, laminate and cut apart. Page 257 is a master copy to add syllables and/or words to later in the book (optional).
- The Train Game - pages 20, 258, 259 - make 2 copies of each page onto card-stock, laminate and cut apart. Put copy of instruction in teacher notebook.
- Blendit! - pages 16, 260 - make 3 copies of page 16 and cut apart 2 of them, the 3rd one will be used as the board. Put copy of instruction in teacher notebook. Page 260 is a blank master sheet to be used later in the book (optional).
- Star Search - pages 37, 38, 261 - make 2 copies of page 38 onto card-stock, laminate and cut apart. Make 1 copy of page 37 and put in teacher notebook. Page 261 is a blank master sheet to be used later in the book (optional).
- Bag of Bugs - pages 48, 49, 262 - make 2 copies of page 49 onto card-stock, laminate and cut apart. Make 1 copy of page 48 and put in teacher notebook. Page 262 is a blank master sheet to be used later in the book (optional).