Secular Schooling, Love, Family, Friends, Playing, Cooking, Baking, Gardening, Arts & Crafts, Music, Dance, Traveling, Reading, and Volunteering

~~~~~



all while living with Chronic Illness



Friday, May 21, 2010

First Post

Wow, there is so much anticipation for the first post, should I introduce myself, say something really deep and profound, jeez the possibilities are endless...I guess I will just start with my hopes for this blog.

I hope to chronicle our journey homeschooling while living with chronic pain and fatigue.

Me
I grew up as an unschooler because of my health problems: Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome (CFIDS) also know as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). I went to public school for kindergarten and part of 1st grade, but when the fatigue became debilitating my parents pulled me out and homeschooled me until my freshman year of high school.

When high school rolled around I really wanted to attend public school and see what it was like. I made it through 9th and 10th grade and then was unable to attend 11th because of the severe fatigue. I was able to go through a distance education program the school district had so I was able to do my school work at home. After that year I was able to return for my 12th grade year and graduate with my class.

I struggled physically through college and part of a masters degree program, but felt more prepared than my fellow students because I knew how to find information and was used to teacher's not feeding it to me. 

My Family

I met my husband, Outdoor Man, at a bar, yes, you can meet people at the bar LOL! We've been married for 10 years and have 3 amazing children Blue our 3 1/2 year old son, and our boy/girl twins Yellow and Red. They have brought so much joy to our lives but it is definitely the hardest thing I have done. Physically I am at my limit and hope it starts getting a little easier.

Let the adventure begin...


No comments: